Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Feeling Like Home...

My mom gave us some really GREAT advice. She said you need to make a few spots in the new house feel like home so you can have some normalcy and can escape from all the renovations and be able to relax and rest without having to look at what's "under construction". That was one of the best things we have done so far! (Thanks Momma ;) I love you!)

I chose to get our "current" Master Bedroom (Which by the way was the original Master Bedroom before the previous owners added the Master Suite) complete for now... It's our SAFE HAVEN!

(I'll post pictures later.)
Also wanted our "current" living room to be some what complete for now too. Which both rooms still need different color paint and all but that's to do later.

I've also found that the whole moving and unpacking process doesn't have to be as bad as what we sometimes make it. I try my best to get one room done at a time instead of having 10 things going on at once which ill tell you that's easier said than done with everything going on in this house! hahaha
I put each box in the room where the contents of that box will go. And then slowly but surely get everything unpacked and organized.

We've had some very sweet family come by to see our home and so many bringing such thoughtful gifts. We are differently blessed with the best.

We both have a very hard time resting/relaxing because we are workaholics. But a few days ago we both hit a wall... And had no choice but to rest. I guess my point to that is cut yourself a little slack. Really if you work another job like Joe does.

I'll update more on what all we have done and add pictures in a day or so...

I hope you all have a fabulous week!

With Love, ERICA

No comments:

Post a Comment