Tuesday, July 1, 2014

A LITTLE BIT OF EVERYTHING... TODAY MARKS 2 WEEKS!

We haven't got any HUGE renovations done but hey I guess I need to give us a break. TODAY marks 2 weeks since we closed on our house and moved in. It seems like its been a lot longer than that with all the odd and end jobs we have done. I can't wait to start the big renovations so I can blog more and show more pictures.
 
Two days after we moved in... I was home while Joe was at work. And the house started feeling pretty warm. Went to look at the thermostat... Yeah the AC was definitely BROKE AGAIN!! Since Joe and his dad know so much about fixing almost anything.. The best thing to do was to wait til they got off work so they could check it out. I debated on whether or not to even call Joe and tell him it was broke again because I really didn't want him to have to worry about the dogs and I being in the house all day with no AC!

HOT HOT HOT!!!

After a few hours both of my LONG HAIRED FUR BABIES, Princess Gucci and Buddy were so hot they couldn't stop panting so I got in the shower with each one of them and got them soaking wet, towel dried them and it worked wonders.. They didn't pant the rest of the day! Since I haven't posted anything about them yet (But its coming) I'll Post a picture of them both when they aren't soaking wet so you can see they really aren't nasty wet dogs all the time ;)

 
 
So luckily the AC was just a wire that had burn up. They got it fixed in NO time.  Thank GOD!
 
So many have asked about the blue tarp that was on our roof when we bought it... Well we were quite concerned about it when we put the offer on it too.. But someone that lives close by told us that Freddie Mac had a company come out and put it on there because there was a spot in the house on the ceiling that had water marks from a leak..  well little did they know the leak was before they replaced the roof. We knew that the roof was only a year old so that was pretty crazy that it had a tarp. Anyways after FM paid a company $2000 just to come nail a tarp on the roof they caused the only problem that we had with the roof... The nail holes where they nailed the tarp... What geniuses!
All it took was too early morning before the sun came up for Joe to get it down and fill all the holes with tar.
 
WITH TARP...
 
AND WITHOUT...

MY SEXY ROOFER ;)

The other day Joe was out working in the yard trimming up some bushes and tree limbs. He came inside to let me know that a Caterpillar had stung him... Who knew they did that? I sure didn't! This was nasty looking. And the spikes it left behind made a nasty looking place on his neck. Scared me to death because I didn't know if he was allergic or not! So of course I went to googling it.. This is what he looked like.



It didn't sound like they were poisonous so I was able to relax some... It looked bad for hours.. But it finally went away!

 
 
I have a lot more to blog about but I don't want to go on and on with this one so... until next time!
 
Have a great 4th of JULY if I don't blog before then!
 
Love, ERICA
 
PS comment below if you have questions or have suggestions on what you want to hear about.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment