Sunday, September 28, 2014

Sometimes it's the little things..... In our renovation process and in LIFE!

Sometimes it's the little things..... In our renovation process and in LIFE!

It's been a LONG time since I posted anything.. We have been really busy with so much and Joe has been working so much that we haven't done any HUGE home renovations. We have done lots of little things... Too many to list or even recall because there is so much that needs to be done. 

Joe works all week long... Well all week for him ;) We are really blessed that he is self-employed because he is able to make his own schedule. He doesn't go to work real early and is usually off by 3 everyday at least sometimes its different but for the most part this is how it is. Anyways, I always feel bad about having a home to do list on the weekend because he works all week and I feel that he deserves to relax and do nothing. He is always willing to do in his words "anything to make my girlfriend happy". I've wanted to weed and lay fresh pine straw since before we closed on our house. This weekend I was determined ;) Since it's fall and the weather is gorgeous I love to get out and work in the yard. 

We slept in til noon Saturday.. Got up, got ready and went to lunch (Which btw Firehouse Subs are so amazing... I know I know!! they have been in town for years and it was the first time I ate there. Then we went  to Home Depot for pine straw, mums and pumpkins. you know?!? all the fall essentials :) 

We started at 4 pm getting all the weeds out of the beds which I do about every other week and I swear you wouldn't have been able to tell.. It looked like we were living in a jungle haha! Took out this tacky black plastic border that the previous owners put in that's been killing me looking at it.. Couldn't wait to remove it. Then we laid 40 bales of pine straw. I've done this too many times in my life and I know it doesn't take much money to get someone else to do it but the problem with that is Joe and I both have OCD so bad it would be a waste of time and money to have someone do it! We would just go back over everything they did. So around 11 pm we were finally done. 

BEFORE

BEFORE

BEFORE

BEFORE

BEFORE

BEFORE

I'm so happy its done now... I can barely walk or move today but it was worth it! It was just a little day job but it made a HUGE difference.


AFTER

AFTER

AFTER

AFTER

AFTER

Little Story: When we were in the middle of laying the pine straw, the dogs were laying on the front porch, we had country music playing and we were chatting and out of nowhere Joe said these are the moments I live for! I was so extremely happy that he said this. I feel this way all the time but now he expressed the same feeling. Gosh.. It's the little things in life that make us so happy! God has answered my prayers... He has sent me the man I've prayed for and the life I dreamt of! Feeling so blessed this Sunday and everyday.

Sending YOU Lots of Love,

Erica :)

No comments:

Post a Comment